There are many people who find it difficult to look after their dental health properly because they have problems handling a toothbrush.
This can be due to a severe physical disability or simply basic dexterity problems.
There are a few simple steps you can take to make it easier for people who find it difficult to hold on to a toothbrush or dental floss.
Here are some simple ‘home remedies’:
- Use a wide elastic band to attach the brush to the hand
- Enlarge the brush handle with a sponge, rubber ball or bicycle handle grip
- Wind an elastic bandage or adhesive tape around the handle
- Lengthen the handle with a piece of wood or plastic such as a ruler, popsicle stick or tongue depressor
- Tie floss into a loop for easier handling
- Use an electric toothbrush or commercial floss holder
Your dentist will be able to provide specific guidance and further tips for people who need an easier way to handle a toothbrush and floss.
Wavell Family Dental service Chermside, Wavell Heights and surrounding areas. A modern and innovative general dental practice specialising in the following: Crowns, Dental Bridge, Dental Caries, Dental Fillings, Dental Implants, Wearing Braces, Root Canal, Orthodontic Plates, Invisalign, Teeth Whitening, Veneers, Wisdom Teeth.